PDA

View Full Version : Date stamp

happymrjames
24-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi,
Can anyone please remind me of the rules for stamping of bowls for outdoor nationals?

At what stage do bowls need to have a current date? I have a set of 2012 date stamped woods that I may use on a particular green in an early round of the county comps - my understanding is that this is ok for the early rounds, but not possible at some point in later rounds?

Cheers

Just A Red Shirt
24-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi,
Can anyone please remind me of the rules for stamping of bowls for outdoor nationals?

At what stage do bowls need to have a current date? I have a set of 2012 date stamped woods that I may use on a particular green in an early round of the county comps - my understanding is that this is ok for the early rounds, but not possible at some point in later rounds?

Cheers

That's correct. Bowls will only be needed to be stamped 2013 or later at the Nationals themselves or Regional Finals leading to them. All other rounds including your County Finals only need to be stamped 1985 or later, I guess some Counties may have internal rules in their COP which alters this but that is the official BE view.

happymrjames
24-01-2013, 03:25 PM
That's correct. Bowls will only be needed to be stamped 2013 or later at the Nationals themselves or Regional Finals leading to them. All other rounds including your County Finals only need to be stamped 1985 or later, I guess some Counties may have internal rules in their COP which alters this but that is the official BE view.

Brill. Thanks for clarifying this.

Castle
24-01-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.eiba.co.uk/Bowls-Stamp/bowls-stamp.php

this highlights the farce of the stamp - you can use a set of woods stamped 2012 to qualify for the EIBA C of C but cannot use them in the finals:doh:

Just A Red Shirt
24-01-2013, 05:58 PM

this highlights the farce of the stamp - you can use a set of woods stamped 2012 to qualify for the EIBA C of C but cannot use them in the finals:doh:

Although this is an Indoor notice it pretty much shows the outdoor requirements as well, except that there may be a Regional Final outdoors which require the up to date stamp.

yorkshireman
25-01-2013, 11:37 AM

I'm not sure whether BE is different to EIBA on this but on the EIBA website it only mentions final stages of National championships, there is no mention of Regional finals. I am playing a Regional final on sunday so would be grateful if someone could advise me if I am wrong.

yorkshireman
25-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Yes an absolutely crazy rule, the rule needs to be same throughout the whole competition not just the finals. An analogy would be in golf say, where you allow players to play with non conforming clubs eg a driver in the qualifying rounds but when they get to the final they must use a conforming club. This sort of stupid rule could only happen in bowls:doh:

Aside from that, I agree the date stamp business is a farce anyway.

Just A Red Shirt
25-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure whether BE is different to EIBA on this but on the EIBA website it only mentions final stages of National championships, there is no mention of Regional finals. I am playing a Regional final on sunday so would be grateful if someone could advise me if I am wrong.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you are playing either an Area or Inter-Area final, this is very different to an outdoor BE Regional Final.

So long as your bowls are stamped 1985 or later they can be used for any round prior to the Nationals.

Agreed life would be a lot easier if we followed our Scottish cousins and allowed practically any stamped composition bowl so long as the stamp is legible. IBB, WBB and WB stamps only, Not BIBC Stamp. Wooden bowls must have a current stamp.

ItstheBIRD
25-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Not really upto date with date stamps..........however i think ive read som ewhere before that they wont get scrapped because its a money spinner !!

AndyShea
04-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you are playing either an Area or Inter-Area final, this is very different to an outdoor BE Regional Final.

So long as your bowls are stamped 1985 or later they can be used for any round prior to the Nationals.

Agreed life would be a lot easier if we followed our Scottish cousins and allowed practically any stamped composition bowl so long as the stamp is legible. IBB, WBB and WB stamps only, Not BIBC Stamp. Wooden bowls must have a current stamp.

It does make things far easier up here. Saves a lot of panic when our players inevitably realise their stamps are out of date. I do wonder why BowlsScotland haven't re-instated stamping as it would generate some money.

The Big Bad Skip
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
It does make things far easier up here. Saves a lot of panic when our players inevitably realise their stamps are out of date. I do wonder why BowlsScotland haven't re-instated stamping as it would generate some money.

Shut it. :mad: